How To Get Started
- Register a new account here
- Change the host url in the client to iwarg.ddns.net port: 5190 Step 1 Step 2
- Accounts and buddy lists from official AIM services are not carried over.
- Official AIM client versions tested and known to work: 1.0, 2.1, 3.5, 4.1, 4.7, 5.0, 5.1, 5.9*
- If anyone can offer protocol details of older AIM clients, speak up in the forum!
- Pidgin users: disable ClientLogin (use MD5 based) and turn off encryption on connection security.
- Miranda IM: disable SSL in connection settings.
- Other clients: uhh well I hope they have similar settings somewhere...
* 5.9 appears to exhibit strange behavior on newer versions of windows, 5.0 or 5.1 may be better option
Questions or problems? post it in the forum helpline
- Client 5.0 and up should be able to join a chat.
- Direct connection is only working on clients up to 5.1 at this point
- Direct connect uses ports 4443 and 4847, these may need to be forwarded in your router for it to work,
at least for the person making the direct connection request.
- For the time being, buddy icons have to be set from here on the profile editor.